This course is available as an in-house private course. For private courses the training material can be customized to get more focused learning addressing the exact needs of your team. Private courses can also be combined with follow-up coaching and consulting options. Contact us for finding out what option would be the best for you.
Robot Framework is a keyword-driven, open-source automation tool created by Nokia, and used by thousands of developers and test automation engineers. Primarily, it was designed for acceptance-test driven development (ATDD), but it fits well for Behavior Driven Developoment and Specification by Example, too.
The 2-day „BDD with Robot Framework” course consists of detailed discussions about Behavior Driven Development and a series of exercises how to apply it to Robot Framework . During the course the attendees will be guided through different test automation problems and their solution with the Robot framework in a way that the created automation infrastructure should be efficient, robust and maintainable in the end. The attendees shall receive a certificate upon the successful completion of the course.
The course is for developers and testers, who are involved in automating BDD scenarios. As the course exercises are based on pair-programming, product owners or business analysts with basic coding knowledge are also welcome.
Learn how to:
- work with Behavior Driven Development
- involve testers and other members of the team already for the detailed specification process
- improve requirement gathering by focusing on rules and examples
- write and maintain executable specification using the Robot Framework specification format
- become a strong member of a BDD team
- work with Behavior Driven Development using the Robot Framework
- drive the implementation of the application by scenarios
- design and implement a test automation layer that is easy to maintain even for a larger number of tests
- automate application through different domain layers
- automate web applications or applications with external dependencies
Gáspár Nagy is the creator of SpecFlow (Cucumber for .NET), contributor to Cucumber, regular conference speaker, blogger (http://gasparnagy.com), editor of the “BDD Addict” monthly newsletter (http://bddaddict.com), and co-author of the “BDD Books: Discovery” book (http://bddbooks.com).
Gáspár is an independent coach, trainer and test automation expert focusing on helping teams implementing BDD and SpecFlow. He has more than 15 years of experience in enterprise software development as he worked as an architect and agile developer coach.